(ASCEND) Re: List = 2% of Customer Base.

Matt,
Any company than can claim that 2% of their customer base are actively
interested in developing the product, should be proud of that commitment
and value it as a free corporate resource.

I am new to the List but it would appear that you have quite an wide
cross section of remote access users from ISPs, Corporates and smaller
companies.

Maybe the people represented on the List may be more vociferous than the
majority...and there may be happy customers out there who have installed
kit out of the box and haven't touched it since....., but it could be
argued that the reason CISCO, and the like, became so big is that they
IMHO originally listened to the active users.

Some of the ideas and opinions may not gel with Ascend's directions but
please remember that it is in everyone on this List interests that
Ascend become dominant in the remote access market.  The alternative is
that the might of CISCO and 3Com/USR may blow you out of the water and
we, your customers, end up with a load of politically embarrassing kit,
that needs to be replaced with the new market leader.

We are all on the same side, we just want to user the Best Kit.
Yes Sir CEO, wasn't I clever selecting this product!

The above reflect my own opinions and in no way represents any views or
position of LSIL Logic Inc.

Matt Holdrege wrote:

> At 09:25 PM 3/23/98 -0500, Jeremy Bouse wrote:
> >       Granted... but how much of this information from the list as far
> >as requests, suggestions, etc has made it to anyone that can make an
> >decision in the matter? If any of it had or the suggestions to sales reps
> >has been passed on then I would think Ascend may have taken some action.
> >How many companies/ISPs are on this list have stated they are running RH?
> >Most all the email came through the past couple days has shown Linux,
> >Solaris, and FreeBSD to be highly popular version for this market... Yet
> >strangely only one of those 3 is supported...
>
> Notes on this list do not count for much when it comes to product strategy.
> This list is for Ascend customers and users to discuss issues pertaining to
> using Ascend equipment. Your suggestions need to go through sales. Or you
> can input directly through the web page at http://www.ascend.com/919.html
>
> And please note that the posters to this email list constitute perhaps less
> than 1 or 2 percent of our customers.
>
> Matt Holdrege           http://www.ascend.com   matt@ascend.com
> ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
> To unsubscribe: send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com
> To get FAQ'd:   <http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>

| Ian Cowley    Network Design Consultant                          |
|        mailto:icowley@lsil.com or mailto:yelwoci@compuserve.com  |
|        WWW     http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/yelwoci  |
| LSI Logic Europe Ltd                    Tel:   +44-1344-413234   |
| Greenwood House, London Road,           Fax:   +44-1344-413114   |
| Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 2UB           http://www.lsilogic.com/ |