Re: (ASCEND) In Defense Of Ascend...

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Matt Holdrege wrote:

| using Ascend equipment. Your suggestions need to go through sales. Or you
| can input directly through the web page at http://www.ascend.com/919.html

Wait!  I've figured out the problem!  It took Ascend one full week to
produce a fix to the UDP bug for part of their product line.  If it takes
one week to compile the release, they surely can't waste another week in
compile time alone to do a Linux port of their radius server.  Perhaps
instead we should all be offering to donate some machines to Ascend to
upgrade their 286's compiling the source tree.

They insist that it isn't the actual PORT that is the problem.  You
decide. =]

| And please note that the posters to this email list constitute perhaps less
| than 1 or 2 percent of our customers.

I wouldn't group people with Pipeline 25's at home into your stats.  This
thread is about a commercial RADIUS SERVER.  I doubt that only 1-2% of all
ISPs using Ascend equipment are on this list.

--

Kit Knox [kit@connectnet.com] - CONNECTnet INS, Inc.