Re: (ASCEND) In Defense Of Ascend...

Hello

> We do support unix.
>
> I'd like to try a survey here. How many of you who have posted in favor of
> Linux are also in favor of purchasing Ascend's Radius server (Access
> Control) or Ascend's access Network Management System (Navis Access)? If
> you are planning to purchase these products and would prefer they run on
> Red Hat or whatever then please let us know. We simply haven't heard from you.

Ok - we wouldnt purchase the Radius server as there are others out there and
they do a fine job - why keep eating food if you're full? :-)

We would however, use/purchase _some sort of Ascend network mangement_ product
if we found it met our needs.

Our main problem is just trying to count the number of packets per client and
waching their utilisation properly. If NA could do this, you'd probably have a
buyer - we dont want to use it on NT as NT's not in our core systems plan -
Unix (Linux RH) is.

> Also note that Ascend doesn't sit up on an ivory tower and conduct market
> survey's. We speak directly to our customers and they (believe me!) speak
> directly to us. This is how we chose to support the various unix systems
> that the above products run on today.

Adam