Re: (ASCEND) P50/P130 setup

Andre Beck wrote:

> > Where IS IPCP set? I've assigned this Pipeline an out-of-pool IP
> > address and I put it in the same place in the connection profile
> > on the MAX as  I have others that are working, but they are all
> > Webramp or normal modem dialups. No isdn; this is my first. The
> > Pipeline is running 4.3+, btw....
>
> IPCP is used whenever Route IP=Yes. If you don't use Bridging, ARA
> or IPX then IPCP is the only NCP which will be opened. If the profiles
> on both ends are specifying IP only, everything should be Ok.
>
> What do you mean by "out-of-pool" IP ? IP from the pool ? Or not from
> the pool ? (Sorry, not a native english speaker and it seems to be
> interpretable in both ways).

I meant, outside of the pool addresses. English is slippery, I
agree.

> BTW, 4.3 is _prehistoric_. The first version I remember to have ever
> seen was 4.2 (IIRC) and that was in spring '94. You should give it
> at least 5.1Ap9 or even 6.0.0. You will definately need such new version
> for NAT.

I suspected 4.3 was kinda old ut had not checked into it. I've
hesitated to upgrade it 'cause it WAS working with another dialup
router (not a MAX). One mess at a time.

> > PS God no, IPX is not set anywhere although there is some on the
> > remote (Pipeline) site.
>
> It will not harm. But you can always blame it on IPX if the Pipe is
> having problems ;)

Already darkly hinted at. I'm a UNIX bigot; we blame everything on IPX
packets. ;-)

Thanks; I'll keep trying. I really wonder why this is so difficult.
I never have ANY trouble setting up MAXen.

'Shot