Re: (ASCEND) P50/P130 setup

Andre Beck wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 10, 1998 at 10:25:16AM -0500, Jim Howard wrote:
> > At 22:13 1998/03/09 -0500, you wrote:
> > >Someone FINALLY wants ISDN here, even though the rate is outrageous,
> > >so I finally get to set up a Pipeline. Now I'm getting an immediate
> > >disconnect, with this:
> > >
> > >c=47 p=66
> >
> > for those who were wondering, from http://www.ascend.com/898.html
>
> Ah, great, that's where this page moved (my last bookmark was dangling).
> I referenced the event.mib directly for this stuff, seems to be updated
> more frequend and renamed less frequent ;) [and has more comment, in this
> case it explicitely states that NCP negotiations failed, while "No NCPs
> were open" could also mean that they were never tried to be neg'ed].
>
> > C=47       PPP - No NCP's were open
> > P=66       CCP Opened
> >
> > looks like you are at least seeing the call come in on your side...
> >
> > what type of authentication are you using (PAP/CHAP/CLID)?
> > is the profile on your side local or from RADIUS?
> > set for PPP or MP/MPP encap? and is it a 64k/56k/voice call?
> > what do you get on the pipeline from a "show isdn" afterwards?
>
> It even looks relatively good. CCP opening means that LCP is done and
> Auth is done so actually, all is well and fine. Just a trivial thing
> failed: NCP negotiations. This means either the other side did not at
> all want to negotiate IPCP, or definately wanted to negotiate more things
> than just IPCP, and the P50 refuses them. Make sure they _exactly_ want
> IPCP, nothing else, and all would work. The only other option I see is
> that IPCP is trying to be negotiated, but fails due to diverging ideas
> of the IP addresses of the peers by the peers.
>
> IPX ? What'ya say ?

Where IS IPCP set? I've assigned this Pipeline an out-of-pool IP
address and I put it in the same place in the connection profile
on the MAX as  I have others that are working, but they are all
Webramp or normal modem dialups. No isdn; this is my first. The
Pipeline is running 4.3+, btw....

'Shot

PS God no, IPX is not set anywhere although there is some on the
remote (Pipeline) site.

--
Darkshot (Michael B. Garrett)
<http://www.gloryroad.net>