Re: (ASCEND) P50/P130 setup

On Tue, Mar 10, 1998 at 10:25:16AM -0500, Jim Howard wrote:
> At 22:13 1998/03/09 -0500, you wrote:
> >Someone FINALLY wants ISDN here, even though the rate is outrageous,
> >so I finally get to set up a Pipeline. Now I'm getting an immediate
> >disconnect, with this:
> >
> >c=47 p=66
>
> for those who were wondering, from http://www.ascend.com/898.html

Ah, great, that's where this page moved (my last bookmark was dangling).
I referenced the event.mib directly for this stuff, seems to be updated
more frequend and renamed less frequent ;) [and has more comment, in this
case it explicitely states that NCP negotiations failed, while "No NCPs
were open" could also mean that they were never tried to be neg'ed].

> C=47       PPP - No NCP's were open
> P=66       CCP Opened
>
> looks like you are at least seeing the call come in on your side...
>
> what type of authentication are you using (PAP/CHAP/CLID)?
> is the profile on your side local or from RADIUS?
> set for PPP or MP/MPP encap? and is it a 64k/56k/voice call?
> what do you get on the pipeline from a "show isdn" afterwards?

It even looks relatively good. CCP opening means that LCP is done and
Auth is done so actually, all is well and fine. Just a trivial thing
failed: NCP negotiations. This means either the other side did not at
all want to negotiate IPCP, or definately wanted to negotiate more things
than just IPCP, and the P50 refuses them. Make sure they _exactly_ want
IPCP, nothing else, and all would work. The only other option I see is
that IPCP is trying to be negotiated, but fails due to diverging ideas
of the IP addresses of the peers by the peers.

IPX ? What'ya say ?

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |