(ASCEND) Learning from Mistakes

> ------------------------------
>
> From: Peter Galbavy <Peter.Galbavy@knowledge.com>
> Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 17:17:28 +0100
> Subject: Re: (ASCEND) COMPLETE BULLSHIT
>
> On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 11:36:17AM -0400, Steve Hovey wrote:
> > Its horrid horrid horrid - but the support for the 3com total control
> > units is even worse - which is why we switched to ascend - if someone
> > comes out with a comparable, and actually answers their phones - we will
> > switch again
>
> While I would not use them if you not only gave them to me, but paid
> me to use them, many people are saying good things about Cisco 5300
> series stuff.
>
> - --
I'll take 'em for free... or swap some Max 1800's for 'em.

We replaced most of our Ascend hardware with Cisco and the
reliability of our service has improved enormously.  It was
important for us, because that's how we've distinguished
ourselves in a very competitive area.

We still have an Ascend router in place to accomodate the
Pipelines still in the field.  They don't co-exist well with
Cisco.  But everything else (Netgear, Netopia, Ramp Networks,
Cisco, etc.) works so much better.

We run into occasional problems, but when we load a new software
revision, we typically find that things are fixed, not broken.

Mike Berger
Shouting Ground Technologies, Inc.