(ASCEND) MICA

> ------------------------------
>
> From: Joe  Shaw <jshaw@insync.net>
> Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 13:00:55 -0500 (CDT)
> Subject: Re: (ASCEND) COMPLETE BULLSHIT
>
> They're great for ISDN only.  The MICA modems don't like some types of
> modem chipsets, which makes it a real pain in the ass for analog
> connectivity.
>
> - --
That's contrary to our experience.  We run Cisco access servers with
MICA and Microcom modems.  We get good connect speeds and outstanding
reliability.  I can't think of a single class of modems that we have
trouble with.  We didn't have our V.90 upgrade for several months
after it was available for the Ascend products.  But it worked right
from the start, and it's pretty solid right now.  I don't hear a lot
of people making that claim about their MAX products.

One of our competitors just replaced his TNT with a Cisco AS5800,
and comments in a local newsgroup indicate that most of their
connection problems have disappeared.

Mike Berger
Shouting Ground Technologies, Inc.