Re: (ASCEND) 7.0.22 vs. 7.2.3

Well, we've been running 7.2.3 on 2 of our TNT's for a while (a couple
months?). Most of the problems I've seen turned out to be hardware
related. We had a bad ethernet card and there was a weird arp problem
with one of the other routers (cisco 2501 that has way too much traffic
going through it) that was causing some pretty serious routing loops. I
don't know that we've had any problems with modem users but we use the
TNT mostly for ISDN and Frame relay. Right now we have 3 PRIs, 2 Frame
T1s, and 3 Point-to-Point T1's in this box and it regularly was around 4
megs of traffic on the ethernet port at peak usage.

niblettda@gru.com wrote:

> In the time honored tradition of this list, I put out my
> request for speculation.  I am currently running 7.0.4 and
> don't have many problems.  However, the problems are growing
> with these ever loving WinCrap modems.  So I would like to
> update the my S56 and SGL cards to the latest firmware.
>
> So I noticed that Ascend (spelled Lucent) is listing 7.0.22
> as the current shipping version and 7.2.3 as the latest
> version.  Does anyone have good or bad about either?
>
> I am using a MAX TNT and it's only function in life is Dialup,
> so while I read all the time about OSPF and such, I'm not
> even doing that.  He is simply taking in PRI's and handling
> calls.
>
> --
> David A. Niblett               | eMail: niblettda@gru.net
> Systems Programmer             | Phone: (352) 334-3400
> Gainesville Regional Utilities | Web: http://www.gru.net/

There is an old saying that if a million monkeys typed on a million
keyboards for a million years, eventually all the works of Shakespeare
would be produced. Now, thanks to Usenet, we know this is not true.