Re: (ASCEND) 7.0.22 vs. 7.2.3

>From: niblettda@gru.com
>
>In the time honored tradition of this list, I put out my
>request for speculation.  I am currently running 7.0.4 and
>don't have many problems.  However, the problems are growing
>with these ever loving WinCrap modems.  So I would like to
>update the my S56 and SGL cards to the latest firmware.
>
>So I noticed that Ascend (spelled Lucent) is listing 7.0.22
>as the current shipping version and 7.2.3 as the latest
>version.  Does anyone have good or bad about either?
>
>I am using a MAX TNT and it's only function in life is Dialup,
>so while I read all the time about OSPF and such, I'm not
>even doing that.  He is simply taking in PRI's and handling
>calls.

We've been running 7.2.0 since it's release and it has been
entirely(!) problem-free for us. We did briefly go to 7.2.3 (why?)
but the TNT reset itself after a week, so we went back to 7.2.0.
However, 7.2.3 seems to be working fine for others on the list using
it. Something about our (quite basic) environment...

I'd suggest you download the release notes for 7.2.0 and 7.2.3 and
see what's new and fixed. If you see enough things you like, try
7.2.3. If it gives you problems, try 7.2.0.

The modem code updates in particular may help you out. We don't have
many users with WinModems, thankfully. Just lots of Mac users.

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/