Re: (ASCEND) ISDN dial out problem/q.931 tracing

At 09:39 PM 1/27/98 -1000, Brian Uechi wrote:
>We were running bi-directional isdn with no problems for at least a
>year but suddenly dial out stopped working.

And NOTHING changed?

>Dialing in continues to
>work normally. We've tried 5.0Ap16 (this worked fine) and 5.0Ap36.

You say p16 worked fine...is that past tense, i.e. it doesn't any longer?

>The disconnect cause code is 44. Any idea what could cause this? GTE
>sent a technician out with a pri tester and was able to make a call
>on the same pri after disconnecting the max. Also testing of the pri
>facility shows no problems.

What are your PRIs setup for? Do you have them configured for NFAS, or
regular PRI? Have you changed that configuration at all recently?

Has GTE changed anything their end? (Like upgrading to NI-2?)

>Is there a better command than pridisplay to show the q.931 call
>control traffic? pridisplay gives a hex dump which is not very
>friendly.

We didn't think a full trace decoder was worth the resources it
would require, so we dump the raw data - a few people on this list
will be able to decode it by hand....

>Any freeware decoders out there? If not, any q.931 quick
>ref online? I'd rather avoid purchasing the full ITU doc but it may
>come to that.

I've seen one recently, but I don't recall where it was! There must also
be Q.931 docs available for free somewhere?

Kevin