Re: (ASCEND) LT Win Modems

I guess it might sound simple, but why not call Aptiva when this happens
again, have the tech drone put his super on the phone and talk to him
about this?  I'd continue up the ladder until I got satisfaction (which
usually would entail a change in policy that would allow the techs
to be informed such that they would not be blaming it on the isp and/or
acquiring the disk in question).

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Steve Mintun wrote:

> My 2 cents:  Same here.
>
> We have had 4 customers with LT Winmodem speed problems.  No solution
> yet, EXCEPT, one customer said his son had the same problem, did
> something with a floppy disk, and it was fixed.  Of course, there are no
> details, and I haven't heard back from him.  I suggested he try what
> worked for his son, and asked him to run, don't walk the "disk" over to
> us.
>
> I wish the Aptiva people would tell customers they don't know instead of
> "the ISP must be using older software/hardware".
>
> If I find anything out, I'll post.
> --
> -Steve
>
> iPlus Internet Services
> (540) 633-6327
> http://www.i-plus.net
>

> Ed Bright wrote:
> >
> > I have a user having the severe speed problems with this modem. (bundled
> > with Aptiva).. IBM Aptiva support doesn't have a clue. They could find ZERO
> > info on it. I thought that was pretty rich considering they dumped the
> > MWave that sucked in favor of the LT that apparently sucks too...
> >
> > Ed
> >
> > At 11:49 AM 1/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
> > >Not sure if I emailed about this last week (NyQuil? What's that :) ),
> > >but...
> > >
> > >Has ANYONE had ANY success with these POS LT Win Modems that Compaq et
> > >al are putting in their machines?  I admire them going with k56Flex (or
> > >is it really moot now?), but we can't seem to get a single one connected
> > >past 26.4/28.8... the data xfer speeds have been less than overwhelming
> > >as well..
> > >
> > >Now mind you our Diamond Supras (boggle) and most of the Hayes, et al
> > >seem to be doing ok (40-48, nothing higher so far).
> > >
> > >Compaq techsupport has been less helpful and the manufacturer (or so we
> > >hope we tracked them correctly) is real good at giving impressions of
> > >blank looks over the phone...
> > >
> > >Is this an issue of firmware (NAS or modem)?  Dial-strings?
> > >
> > >Thanks greatly in advance for any clues...
> > >

> > >Sam R. Akhtar                Operations & Engineering
> > >IBIS, Inc.                   k56Flex, ISDN and more!
> > >http://www.ibisnet.net/      srakhtar@ibisnet.net
> > >P: 813.265.0275              F: 813.265.0788
> > >
> > >++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
> > >To unsubscribe:        send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com
> > >To get FAQ'd:  <http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>
> > >

> > ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
> > To unsubscribe: send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com
> > To get FAQ'd:   <http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>
> ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++

Joseph Hickman
  Director of Network Operations / System Administration
  joseph@psn.net