Re: (ASCEND) I'm going home now...

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, Kevin A. Smith wrote:

  : I'm not one that's into "but they suck more than we do", so I have to
  : admit that things are not what they once were - heck I'm no longer one
  : of the TAC guys ;-)
  :
  : However, I do know that incidents like this are extremely rare. All you

I do agree that I had very satisfatory experiences two times before this
one.  However, both were early in the day too....

  : have to do is take a look at the database of contacts that are made in
  : a very timely manner. Only those who have problems typically ever speak
  : out - it's not "news" to say 'I got help 20 minutes after calling in',
  : or 'I was passed to an engineer within minutes'.

How's this...
 I was impressed that when I posted my first message on this mailing list
in July about a PRI line dropping intermittently, Ascend tech support
called me later that day....  Kevin even checked back a month later to see
how it turned out.......

However, I posted a message Dec 30 about my modems not answering and that
message went unanswered.  (same problem that led to last night's problem)

Do not fear, I'm still buying another Max this month.  I just hope for
better luck with customer service if I need it again....

Del Hines
Cyberback Internet