Re: (ASCEND) Re: Ascend OSPF?

>On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Peter Lalor wrote:
>
>> It seems to be a case of "Your mileage may vary". It works very well for
>> some people, myself included, and spontaneously fails for others.
>
>It doesn't seem to work for me anymore.  However, it used to.  Once, long
>ago.  Now, it's all whacko.  I don't use it anymore :(

That's a shame. OSPF is really a lifesaver for us. It's not an option not
to run it.

If you wanted to, you could post to the list a more-detailed description of
what you mean by "whacko", along with what you're trying to accomplish, and
the list can assist you in getting it working.

I think Ascend needs to hear people's experiences too, and IMO OSPF is far,
far better, but not quite perfect yet. It's not an option to have features
like this half-working, and if they've got further to go we should help
them know what's left to deal with. They really have improved it greatly
over time, so I think they've proven that they listen in the past.

Peter Lalor
Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com
http://www.infoasis.com/