Re: (ASCEND) Re: Ascend OSPF?

In article <v03130302b0e554490760@[206.40.74.10]> you wrote:

>That's a shame. OSPF is really a lifesaver for us. It's not an option not
>to run it.

Same here, OSPF made things a lot easier for us. RIP used to be such a hassle.
We have to route subnets and obviously RIP v1 won't do that. So we got stuck
with a nasty mix of RIPv1 machines (Livingston PM2e) and RIPv2 for those
machines that support it (Cisco, Ascend). Switching over to OSPF has helped
clean up a lot of redundant routing information and it has streamlined our
whole backbone/area 0 routing.
As far as our maxens and OSPF are concerned, we have no complaints whatsoever.
The setup is fairly simple (hey, that's the point of using a routing
protocol like OSPF, right?) :) and the boxes with the horsepower (Ciscos) are
playing DR and BDR. We're running 5.0Ap38 and so far there are no fat log
entries, reboots, memory leaks, missing routes etc. (you get the picture...)

--
Oliver J. Albrecht <oj@nexus.flensbone.net>