(ASCEND) Re: Ascend OSPF?

>From: Martin Hannigan <hannigan@xcom.net>
>I've been hearing from multiple sources that Ascend OSPF
>is not stable.

It seems to be a case of "Your mileage may vary". It works very well for
some people, myself included, and spontaneously fails for others.

The complexity of the network seems to be an issue, ie, the number of
devices speaking OSPF. Clearing nrvram when going to OSPF (or anytime you
upgrade code) seems to help will all kinds of issues.

In The Old Days, I (and others) had lots of problems with OSPF. Today,
under 5.0Ap38, it's mostly-sorted.

I'd give it a shot, if I were you. Bear in mind that most people only post
to complain, not to say "Things are fine". Too boring. ;-)

Peter Lalor
Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com
http://www.infoasis.com/