(ASCEND) Remote name problem?

Ok, I have worked with pipelines for around 2 and a half years and over
that time I'd say I've done well over 300 configurations or repairs of
units already in the field (working for 3 different companies mind you)
and I feel VERY comfortable behind one.  However, someone in tech support
recently reported to me that he has seen several occasions (but he only
clearly remembers one) where a dedicated customer would have something odd
in the remote connection name like "Insync" or "InsyncMax1" and that it
wouldn't be able to connect.  He had to change the remote name to the
proper name of the max (in the MAX's config) before it would be able
to complete the connection phase.  I've run just about every version of
software since 4.6C and even some before and never run into a problem with
what the remote session was named.  Could this possibly be a bug I've
missed?  I have not been able to reproduce this with any of the 5.0 or
better versions of code.

Regards,
Joe Shaw - jshaw@insync.net
NetAdmin - Insync Internet Services
Fortune for today: "Life may have no meaning -- or worse, it may have a meaning
of which you disapprove." Unknown.