(ASCEND) MAX 4048 + 5.0Ap38 oddity

I've noticed something that's never happened with any other release...

Resetting a MAX 4xxx with 5.0Ap38 causes the MAX to play havoc with the
remote telco switch if the CT1s are ESF/B8ZS.

I can't remember the dozens of times I've reset a max with ESF/B8ZS lines
attached to it and seen the connections come right back up, however now...
when I reset a max loaded with 5.0Ap38 most of the channels do not come
back up and the switch throws half of the channels into "maintenance busy"
mode, requiring me to call the telco and have them manually reset the
channels.  I'm wondering if the max goes into "factory" mode for a few
seconds (D4/AMI) before reading its internal configuration and then
returning to ESF/B8ZS, thus causing the switch to go into alarm...

--

      /
  /  o     Jason Buchanan