Re: (ASCEND) MAX 4048 + 5.0Ap38 oddity

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998 ascend@digistar.com wrote:

> I've noticed something that's never happened with any other release...
>
> Resetting a MAX 4xxx with 5.0Ap38 causes the MAX to play havoc with the
> remote telco switch if the CT1s are ESF/B8ZS.
>
> I can't remember the dozens of times I've reset a max with ESF/B8ZS lines
> attached to it and seen the connections come right back up, however now...
> when I reset a max loaded with 5.0Ap38 most of the channels do not come
> back up and the switch throws half of the channels into "maintenance busy"
> mode, requiring me to call the telco and have them manually reset the
> channels.  I'm wondering if the max goes into "factory" mode for a few
> seconds (D4/AMI) before reading its internal configuration and then
> returning to ESF/B8ZS, thus causing the switch to go into alarm...

I sometimes get something similar on some E1 PRIs on my equipment.

All the lines whill show as "up" following the reboot, but hardly any
actually get handed calls from the switch.

The PRIs are fed off 3 different Nortel DMS100 switches, and on the Max,
I'm set to Switch Type=Net 5, with 2DS framing.

Generally sticking the lines into loopback for a few seconds forces the
switch end into A1S, and the line resets OK. I have seen this on some
other patches too.

The odd thing is, the G.703 PRIs off a different Telco (Nokia switch, I
think) don't do this!

Mike