Re: (ASCEND) MAX 4048 + 5.0Ap38 oddity

I just tried loading 5.0Ap24, and had the same problem.

I went back to 5.0Ap36.

One thing I noticed is that if I change the signalling type to ISDN, from
ISDN_NFAS, the first line will reset in about 2 minutes. I can then change
it back to ISDN_NFAS. The second line I need to unplug/replug at the NIU,
then it works.

By the way in my last message, I said:

I went from 5.0Ap5 to 5.0Ap36 and then 38. The problem was in p36, I am
almost certain.

What I meant was that I saw the problem in P36, not that it was introduced
at that level. Sorry for the confusion on that.

I am going to call Ascend this morning and get a ticket opened.

At 10:13 AM 1/15/98 +0200, John Campbell wrote:
>I've been having the same problem since 5.0ap36. Every time I reset the MAX,
>I have to call the Telco to reset.
>
>John Campbell
>Hix Internet
>

>>I've noticed something that's never happened with any other release...
>>
>>Resetting a MAX 4xxx with 5.0Ap38 causes the MAX to play havoc with the
>>remote telco switch if the CT1s are ESF/B8ZS.
>>
>>I can't remember the dozens of times I've reset a max with ESF/B8ZS lines
>>attached to it and seen the connections come right back up, however now...
>>when I reset a max loaded with 5.0Ap38 most of the channels do not come
>>back up and the switch throws half of the channels into "maintenance busy"
>>mode, requiring me to call the telco and have them manually reset the
>>channels.  I'm wondering if the max goes into "factory" mode for a few
>>seconds (D4/AMI) before reading its internal configuration and then
>>returning to ESF/B8ZS, thus causing the switch to go into alarm...
>>

>>--
>>
>>      /
>>  /  o     Jason Buchanan
>> o         Digistar Microsystems
>>       /   jsb@digistar.com
>>      o    http://www.digistar.com/

>++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
>To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com
>To get FAQ'd:	<http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>

| Michael Hyman                              Quickturn Design Systems    |
| Manager, Information Technology Group      55 West Trimble Road        |
| mhyman@quickturn.com                       San Jose, Ca. 95131         |
| (408) 914-6409 Voice                       (408) 914-6909 Fax          |
| "Out the 10Base-T, through the router, off the bridge, over the leased |
|       line, past the firewall, down the T1...nothing but Net."         |