Re: (ASCEND) Software Release 6.0.2 and Pipe 50

On Thu, Apr 23, 1998 at 02:50:31PM +0200, Ronald McCarty wrote:

> On a related note (but different system / customer) could
> there not be enough memory available for the Pipe 50 running
> 6.0.2 to run the Secure Access Firewall from Ascend?  It's
> too early to give a good description of the problem other
> than saying the Pipe is in one case filtering too much,
> although the SAM explecitly allows the activity.

Are you by chance doing MPP on this link ? We have found ASA to fail on
a MPP link - it suddenly starts to drop stuff that clearly should pass
(and passes again as soon as the link is down to one channel). We have
a TR open for this. Now this was on a 1800 and it was a _leased_ line
at Nailed/Mpp. But it may well be a general problem of ASA in conjunction
with any multilink profile in general or MPP in particular.

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck  (ABPSoft)   AB10-RIPE   XLink PoP Dresden | o |