Re: (ASCEND) New syslog messages

On Thu, Apr 23, 1998 at 11:48:40AM -0400, Charlie Taylor wrote:
> I'm sure this has been discussed before and I just missed it but...
>
> Since upgrading 6.x I get syslog messages from may Pipeline 75's
> that look like
>
> ASCEND: call 87 CL 0K  u=xxxxxxx c=47 p=60 s=64000 r=64000
>
> Can someone point me to something describing the significance
> of these messages.  I've looked but been unsuccessful so far.

I've never found them documented, but then again, I've not searched.
But it seems pretty obvious if you are a bit deeper in the Ascends
operations:

u=xxxx		The username - more exactly the name with which this
                call has authenticated. If it was CLID, it is the CLID.

c=47		The disconnect cause code. 47 means pppCloseNoNcpsOpened

p=60		The progress code - the last state of this call before it
                terminated with the disconnect cause above. 60 means
                prLanSessionUp.

s=64000		The transmit (send) rate of this call was 64kbps
r=64000		The receive rate was 64kbps, too.

Now 47/60 like above would IMHO mean the other side has TermReq'ed IPCP
and the call was cleared because IPCP was the only NCP open. It's thus
a pretty normal hangup of the call. But I may be wrong here.

BTW, Ascend has WWW pages with the disconnect and progress codes somewhere
on their server, but if you just get the MIBs for Ascend SNMP support, the
event.mib has it all and mostly explains it better ;)

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck  (ABPSoft)   AB10-RIPE   XLink PoP Dresden | o |