(ASCEND) Livingston/ascend integration questions

I've just added an Ascend max 4000 to the end of our livingston dialin
pool.  I've got a couple of questions.

We use a program called pmwho on our livingston boxes to see who's logged
in without actually telnetting to the thing.  Is there a similar program
available for the Max?

Our livingston login sequence first asks for the type of connection(ie
ppp, slip) and then asks for a login.  The Max wants the username and
password first and then the type of connection.  Any way to reverse this?

Thanks in advance

Zach