Re: (ASCEND) Livingston/ascend integration questions

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Zach Tippit wrote:

> I've just added an Ascend max 4000 to the end of our livingston dialin
> pool.  I've got a couple of questions.
>
> We use a program called pmwho on our livingston boxes to see who's logged
> in without actually telnetting to the thing.  Is there a similar program
> available for the Max?

Maxcall and other tools are available at ftp.communique.net/pub/max-tools-1.0/.
It works on *NIX systems and you'll need perl 5.0 or greater.

> Our livingston login sequence first asks for the type of connection(ie
> ppp, slip) and then asks for a login.  The Max wants the username and
> password first and then the type of connection.  Any way to reverse this?

The Max does this so that you can control what type of people get what
type of access.  You can authenticate someone and then based on their
radius profile they can either telnet straight to a shell or start
ppp/slip.  The MAX can be set to start PPP/PAP by default and then drop to
login/pass prompts for Auth if PPP isn't acknowledged.  However, I don't
know if this sequence can be reversed.

> Thanks in advance
>
> Zach

Joe Shaw - jshaw@insync.net
NetAdmin - Insync Internet Services
Fortune: 43rd Law of Computing: Anything that can go wr
         fortune: Segmentation violation -- Core dumped