Re: (ASCEND) Software Release 6.0.2 and Pipe 50

Ronald McCarty wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has run up against memory problems
> on the Pipe 50 running S/W Release 6.0.2?  We recently had
> to do a downgrade on a customers Pipe 50 because the router
> was reporting not enough memory available after the 3rd or
> 4th packet filter.

Same problem here (last stable version 5.0Ap33):

On my question:
[ ------------------------------------------------------------------ ]
[...]
In our enviroment (20x p50 and two max2000; both have a full filter)
every Pipeline with a version greater or equal 5.1A reboots due a
memory leak ("pool -v" get less and less) about once a day
[...]
[ ------------------------------------------------------------------ ]

emeasupport@ascend.com tells me:
[ ------------------------------------------------------------------ ]
thanks for your information and we know that if you use pipeline with
may filters and version equal or greater to 5.1 A you have memory leak.
It's due to the code of these version who need more memory and are
greter than the version 5.0.
[...]
|   /\   | Cyril Gerardin - Support Engineer
|  /__\  | Ascend PREMEMEA - EMEA Support Center
| //  \\ | 950 Route des Colles - BP 57
|/ \__/ \| 06901 Sophia Antipolis, France
  ASCEND

Ciao
    Klaus