Re: (ASCEND) Windows NT Workstation and Pipeline 15

At 03:07 PM 4/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>At 11:33 AM 4/22/98 -0500, Rick Eldridge wrote:
>>I have a Windows NT Workstation and a Pipeline 15 ISDN modem.  I'm not
>>having any problems with the connection itself, I'm just not sure I'm
>>getting the full 128K bandwidth.  The computer (RAS) reports the connection
>>at 115200bps which is the maximum port speed for NT.  Our Max 4048s only
>>report each channel at 56K.  With another brand ISDN modem and a Windows 95
>>computer, the 4048s report the line speed at 64K.  Does anyone have any
>>suggestions.
>
>try this init string: ATS68=64.   I believe the default setting is to
>connect at 56k/channel.
>
>---
>kevin

We have 4 P15 a while ago that we purchased for our clients. All you need
to set it to connect to 64K (instead of 56K) is to put "ATS68=64" in the
"extra setting" box and make sure you have a 10-digit number put in place.
However, I found all those P15 that we have programed seldom connect at
64K. I will say, 2 times out of 10 times, it will connect at 64K. Ascend
Tech told me to make sure the string "S68=64" is saved in the P15 which I
have checked but still no help (TR# 201142) I am still not able to find a
solution yet.

Daniel