(ASCEND) Long login times on Max 4000

Hey all,

We have been receiving complaints that it takes a long time to connect to a
Max 4000.  We have verified this, it usually takes 40-60 seconds just to
verify the username and password (Windows 95).

I tried turning on PPP Direct, which did speed it up a little bit.

The strange thing, is if a user starts an internet application, it will
work, just Windows sits there waiting for verification.

Anyone else have these problems, or a solution?

 Eric