Re: (ASCEND) Bought 4048 got Max 4002 w/o ISDN SIG

> <SNIP>
>
> > Well, that's one way to look at it. However, you could look at as if you
> > got a 4002 for $1,050.00. Now, that's a really good deal! (It's the "is the
> > glass half-empty or half-full" analogy.)
>
> Obviously, I don't agree 100% although I do see your point.

 You have to look at it in a way that showsyou why Ascend did this
program.

 They gained back thousands of V.34 cards from the Get-Flex
program which allowed customers free upgrades on any modem pack
purchased after November 1, 1997. So I guess by charging for Hash
codes they hope to gain back some money.

 If you remember when Ascend first announced the KFLEX cards they were not
going to do any free upgraded, then they got hammered publicly and
retracted that statement.

Either Way, I guess it's one of those deals you have to read the fine
print :)

Jason Nealis
Director Internet Operations / Network Access
Erols Internet