Re: (ASCEND) Bought 4048 got Max 4002 w/o ISDN SIG

>>Last year we purchased a 4048 from Solunet and received a free 4002 from
>>Ascend as part of the buy one get a 4002, buy two get a 4048, buy three
>>get a TNT program.

<SNIP>

> Well, that's one way to look at it. However, you could look at as if you
> got a 4002 for $1,050.00. Now, that's a really good deal! (It's the "is the
> glass half-empty or half-full" analogy.)

Obviously, I don't agree 100% although I do see your point.

I searched back over the archives and found that this issue has come up
before, so I will not rehash the whole subject for everyone.

I did find that all the Ascend customers who vented their frustration on
this list that mentioned their specifics where using PRI exclusively.

If you happened to have CT1 available and you got one of these 4002 units,
then you could have found a use for such boxes and been grateful for the
equipment.  For PRI users, the box as it arrived was useless.

Perhaps Ascend didn't have a good way to address this point technically
with the hash codes; perhaps that issue wasn't anticipated; or perhaps it
didn't seem top priority since it was free anyways.

On the other side of the coin, I don't think very many people enjoy
receiving 'free' equipment that requires an immediate investment to make
it function.  That kind of situation just feels wrong not matter how close
to the top the glass is arguably filled.

Thanks,