Re: (ASCEND) Bought 4048 got Max 4002 w/o ISDN SIG

>  You have to look at it in a way that showsyou why Ascend did this
> program.
>
>  They gained back thousands of V.34 cards from the Get-Flex
> program which allowed customers free upgrades on any modem pack
> purchased after November 1, 1997. So I guess by charging for Hash
> codes they hope to gain back some money.

We got caught with the same deal too, but I think it was REALLY too
nasty.

I can understand that Ascend is giving us a box that has 2 T1's, not 4,
and is for the purpose of accepting modem calls, not ISDN. Fine. That's
the deal, and it's a pretty decent one.

But like most people we have PRI's. So the Max Value deal amounts to
"Buy a Max 4048 and get a free door stopper". That borders on fraud
and that's the part that pisses off.

-Phil