Re: (ASCEND) NET5 PRI problem - autorestore

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Tim Connolly wrote:

> We had this problem when Bell Atlantic-WV started offering PRI's at their Sieman
> switches. They had no clue how to set them up. It took a few months of doing what
> you describe below. I was told the switch was not "auto-restoring" the circuit
> when a failure was indicated. I would assume all switches have this feature, only
> the Sieman folks turned it off by default.  It might be worth a call to your local
> telco engineer.

We had the same problem... When ever we upgraded our software and
did a reset the trunk would not come up without a call to the COG and they
would do something.  But we would run into a problem when we did it after
midnight (when we have low usage)... the problem with this is that BA goes
home after midnight and could not get the tunk back up till 9am.

So the quick fix we came up with was to disable the CSU and then re-enable
it and the trunk would come back up in about a minute.

--
Tyler Myers                                     myers@kwiknet.net
Senior Network Engineer                         609-461-1191