Re: (ASCEND) NET5 PRI problem - autorestore

We had this problem when Bell Atlantic-WV started offering PRI's at their Sieman
switches. They had no clue how to set them up. It took a few months of doing what
you describe below. I was told the switch was not "auto-restoring" the circuit
when a failure was indicated. I would assume all switches have this feature, only
the Sieman folks turned it off by default.  It might be worth a call to your local
telco engineer.

Leland E. Vandervort wrote:

> If I soft-reset the maxes, there's no problem here (I'm using 6.0.1), but if I
> have to power cycle them, then I have to call the telco's alarm desk to have
> them reset the PRI afterwards to clear the switch.
>
> We use NET-5 with G.703 framing...

-- Tim Connolly tec@mountain.net     MountainNet, Inc.
-- (304) 594-9075 ext. 37            2816 Cranberry Square
-- fax (304) 594-9088                Morgantown, WV 26505

I bet nuclear war would really kill daytime TV ratings. - me!