Re: (ASCEND) Disconnect Code

You've tried reinstalling drivers.
You've tried different modems.

Have you tried a different location/phone lines?

It's been our experience that while 185 is usually a normal disconnection,
it can indicate a problem with the phone lines.  If the user's modem no
longer "hears" the max, it will hang up, and it will usually be a 185
disconnect.

--
  Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
  Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services