Re: (ASCEND) Disconnect Code

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Sascha E. Pollok wrote:

> >Ascend-Disconnect-Cause = 185
>
> IMHO this is a "remote-user-hung-up" (without sending a
> term req. or something).
>
> >Ascend-Connect-Progress = 60
>
> LAN session is up.
>
> >is or how to fix it?
>
> Tell your users not to hang up without terminating a PPP session
> correctly. I don't think there is anything wrong.
>
> Am I right?

I will sit with a laptop and dialin to our TNT from the same room using
two different modems and after reinstalling and upgrading dialup
networking and after about a minute and 10 seconds using either modem it
will disconnect with that code. It happens whether netscape or any other
program is opened and it happens at multiple dialin locations from
multiple locations. I also deleted manually the winsock.dll before
reinstalling dialup networking. Nothing appears to work though.

-andy