Re: (ASCEND) In Defense Of Ascend...

In article <350FF5E7.3346D33E@netin.com> you wrote:

>I agree that the snmp issue is one of education and not
>a bug.  End of that story.

Agreed, there's an entire section in the manual, dedicated
to the issue of security, which not only states the need
to change at least the write community. Anyone getting
burned by this is at his/her own fault.

>As far as the "port 9" problem, I strongly disagree with
>you.  I do not believe that Ascend understands that
>distributing poorly designed software is unacceptable.

I highly recommend that Ascend gets this problem fixed
ASAP. I don't know what other people on this list are
doing, but I'm not willing to fiddle with filters to
work around sth. that Ascend should fix. I really hope
we'll be seeing new patches RSN, that implement the
fix where it ought to be. End of that story :)

--
Oliver J. Albrecht <oj@nexus.flensbone.net>