[VANILLA-L:682] Re: [VANILLA-L:679] Server code in CVS?

> I see some CVS directories floating around in the source tree. Is the
> server under CVS control?
>
> I would like to use CVS to make a continuum branch off the main source
> tree, but I am having a hell of a time getting cvs not to mungle the
> symlinks. If I do a cvs update it checks out the file (defs.h) for
> example as a real file not a symlink. Any way to fix this?

Hi Bob & others,

I'm back! :-)

As for the CVS, unless Cameron started it to maintain the source tree
on his end it was never really used. Traditionally if you want to make
special mods you'd make your own ifdefs for your stuff and once you're
happy submit them to Cameron. This way, we can all benefit from your
work :) and you won't lose your work between versions.

bigbang did this, in fact it had 2-3 ifdefs for it's stuff. Some of them
are still there, some got merged into the base code (I believe)

Nick
+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++

Follow-Ups: References: