[VANILLA-L:683] Re: [VANILLA-L:678] Re: [VANILLA-L] geno hours and no geno hours

Bob Tanner wrote:
> I am a little confused. I see:
>
>         ntserv/data.c   surrenderStart=1
>         ntserv/defs.h   SURREND 4
>         .sysdef         SURRSTART=2

The variable is global, surrenderStart, defined in data.c with a default
value on program start of 1.  It is set during read-in of the .sysdef
file by sysdefaults.c, which occurs on server start or whenever the
.sysdef file is seen to be modified.  "Loading new server configuration"
should appear to ALL when this happens.

> Just to make sure if I set SURRSTART=-1 it *should* turn off the geno
> timer?

I agree.  The critical test is in daemonII.c, line 1982, and line 2820.
In both tests both arguments are signed.  I see no problem there.

> In effect the SURREND number is does not matter, since the geno timer
> is not in effect. Correct?

Correct.

> I have set the SURRSTART=-1 on my beta testing server and when I get
> to 2 planets, the geno timer kicks in. Any ideas?

_Strange_.  [/me plays Twilight Zone theme]

--
James Cameron                                    (cameron@stl.dec.com)
Digital Equipment Corporation (Australia) Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 000 446 800