Re: CF: Mailing list and website

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Peter Mardahl wrote:

> I propose that we put the whole website under CVS on boltzmann
> as well as the source repository.  Real-time would still serve it,
> but everyone with CVS access could maintain/extend the crossfire web page.

So, would this make the site at Real Time the offical website?
The site right now is really a "fan website" - not very tech orientated,
IMO, so a major overhaul would be needed.

Or, would adding or creating another/separate site be quicker and easier?
(Using the CVS access mentioned above...)

Does this bring up the discussion of a domain name, again?

Yes, crossfire .org, .com, and .net are taken so something a little more
creative would have to be used.  Correct me if I am wrong, crossfire does
not run on (under?) x-11 anymore, so crossfirex11 (or any vartion of that)
would be inaccurate, so what about xcrossfire or crossfirex? (kind of like
xpilot.org)  Any other ideas or suggestions?

- Rick Tanner
leaf@real-time.com