Re: CF: Suggestion: Talking (was Re: CF: Suggestion: Reg exps...)

Risto Järvinen (rjarvine@cc.hut.fi) wrote:

> An extension, of some kind, would be sub-listing the keywords by 'mood' :
> When you cite a certain keyword the mood of the listener changes, changing
> the active list of keywords and perhaps other variables?  (You could
> actually make some-CF-creature angry by talking...)

Scripts. Don't start using predefined variables and lists and stuff.
Just use a scripting language.

> A little bug reports relating to talking:  Talking items, i.e. items with
> @match in their msg-field, display the @match-part whenever they are
> examined.  Actually this isn't a bug, it just would be nicer to hide the
> @match-field...

Oh, the good old magic ear bug :-) Back then they just fixed the
symptoms by forcing magic ears to be invisible; I guess they'll now
have to fix the problem :-)

> then proceed checking your inventory (at least readied items).  You could
> have a dialog with the sword you're wielding...

"Damned sword, would you *please* kill that foo over there? I promise
to enchant you if you do, isn't that something?" :-)

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber

Follow-Ups: References: