CF: Suggestion: Reg exps and HTML client connection ?

Hi,

... this is from somebody who has spent too much time playing crossfire
and who wants to get some "serious" mileage of it, i.e. build a
map that teaches something to somebody (I work in educational
technology).

1. I think that regexps would be a fine addition to the "magic ears".
Simple word matching is really not powerful enough in certain situations.
There are free regexp libraries, e.g. the one used in Python if I am
not wrong.

2. It also would be nice to integrate html browsing (via an ordinary
www client of course) in some situations. E.g. for all the help files,
but also to let the user see larger bits of text when he is looking
at certain things on the maps. I don't have a clear idea how and where to put
this feature. E.g. one could implement some special URL-notes (middle-click
would fire up an html page in your www browser)

.. problem is that I don't speak "C", else I would have tried to hack
this myself. Therefore I can only make a suggestion :(

- cheers ! - Daniel

PS: oh yes, if somebody knows how much (time/difficulties) it would take to
implement this, I'd be glad to hear that. Maybe I could find somebody
to do it, if it's not too hard.

--
Dr Daniel K.Schneider, TECFA (Educational Technologies and Learning)
Faculte de Psychologie et des Sciences de l'Education, University of Geneva,

email: Daniel.Schneider@tecfa.unige.ch
www:   http://tecfa.unige.ch/tecfa-people/schneider.html
MOO:   tecfamoo.unige.ch 7777