Re: (ASCEND) Unneeded radius packets, How do I turn them off?

Gordon Zeigler wrote:

> >route-Max4048-1 - Service-Type not valid: Outbound-User
> I need to prevent/disable the Ascend box from sending Outbound-User
> Service-Type packets, since our radius is not using them.

These are boot up config requests to configure the max via RADIUS.   You can
look at the sample users file with 1.16 ascend server to see what they are
doing.    There is no way to disable them as far as I know but if you go ahead
and setup the users once the max gets an answer it should stop sending them.

--
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com> <tkinnen@sobhrach.com>
[RADIUS Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies INS