Re: (ASCEND) Unneeded radius packets, How do I turn them off?

> I would call them the Outbound-User packets, Here is an example.
>
> >route-Max4048-1 - Service-Type not valid: Outbound-User
>
> I need to prevent/disable the Ascend box from sending Outbound-User
> Service-Type packets, since our radius is not using them.
> Even if in the dictionary, these packets create a tremendous amount of
> traffic and my radius does not deal with them.

You can't disable them, but nor do they create a tremendous amount of
traffic. The Max will ask for 4 or five of these types of packets at boot
time and when requested to do so (route, frdlink, permconn, pool, etc..)
but if they don't exist they'll just result in rejections from the
RADIUS server with negligeable impact.

They are not specific to any particular RADIUS server, any RADIUS server
can take advantage of them.

-Phil