Re: (ASCEND) client dns

>>admin> read conn username
>>admin> list port
>>[in CONNECTION/username:port-redirect-options]
>>protocol = none
>>port-number = 0
>>redirect-address = 0.0.0.0
>>
>>It was added in a recent TAOS release. Don't know which one
>>offhand. Pretty cool, eh?
>
>Well I can see that it is there in 7.2.3. (which is the most recent
>anyway).

It's also in 7.2.0, which I had to downgrade to.

>That _is_ interesting, thanks.

Sho 'nuff. :-)

>Looks like one can use this to force web packets to go through caches.

Yup. I bet that's why they added it. It'd be nice if you could map
different ports different places.

Also, we recently talked about loading 7.2.3 on a DSL TNT. I did, and
noticed that a couple of my Frame Relay profiles didn't show up in
the conn list, but they did show up in the user list and frdump.
Though you might want to know.

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/