Re: (ASCEND) Re: your mail

Well wow.. I must say so far 7.2.3 has worked wonders on my max 6000.
RADIF cleaned up dramatically.  Prior to the upgrade radif would
allow most people to logon, but continue to show errors and repeated
attempts to call to radius even though they were already logged on.
Additionally, after they logged of, I would see ghosted processes
continuing from their session.

After the update.. everything cleaned up, retrains all but vanished
and I get only the initial logon process per session in radif.

As for us.. 7.2.3 has been god sent.

I've monitored the maxstat and radif all night and everyone got in on
the first try and very smoothly. Several of those logins were of
customers that I now have had previous problems with L/P, but again..
that seems to be a thing of the past.

Thanks Lucent!

>> He recommended the upgrade and stated that they have received other
>> fix was to have the customers add 5 commas behind the phone number.
>> While this only reduced connect speeds and avoid an obvious retrain
>> downward, it seems to automatically start at the lower end.
>
>Just to clarify what the 5 commas do. They put a delay of 2 seconds
>per comma before the PCs modem listens to the Ascend modem. This is
>the classic 'fix' for users modems that get upset by the V.90
>initiation tone (also known as the V.8bis tone). I usually use 4
>commas, but as each comma induces more delay them the Ascends modems
>will be further down the list of speeds that it is trying to
>negotiate. That is why you see the Ascend starting at a low speed and
>workiing upwards.
>
>-------------------
>jill
>Bradford University Computer Centre
>j.m.bell@bradford.ac.uk

Thank you,

	- Henry Smith, Jr.
	- Systems Administrator

Making a difference one customer at a time....

IHS2000 Internet Services
11 Brookfield Dr
Lebanon, Pennsylvania 17046

Phone  (717) 274-3300