(ASCEND) Re: your mail

We have a problem with some poeple being able to connect.  It started
out with wintel modem and now we have noticed USR's that are also
effected by this.

After talking to them and ridding the unit of some minor errors, the
problem did not resolve.  Though if they switch back to the analog
equipment (PM25's) they connect with out a flaw.

He recommended the upgrade and stated that they have received other
fix was to have the customers add 5 commas behind the phone number.
While this only reduced connect speeds and avoid an obvious retrain
downward, it seems to automatically start at the lower end.  And
while this did seem to help it also did not resolve the problem and
the failed connection continue.  He went on to state that the 7.23
would have modem revisions that should help this problem also.

I've got my fingers crossed..

>Hi,
>
>> I've have also been told by ascend to upgrade to 7.2.3, but I have
>> searched their entire site and I am unable to locate it.
>
>why? Isn't that the release which is located at
>ftp://ftp.ascend.com/pub/Software-Releases/Max/Release-7.2.X/7.2.3/
>
>Why have they told you to upgrade to this firmware release?
>
>regards,
>  gerhard

Thank you,

	- Henry Smith, Jr.
	- Systems Administrator

Making a difference one customer at a time....

IHS2000 Internet Services
11 Brookfield Dr
Lebanon, Pennsylvania 17046

Phone  (717) 274-3300