RE: (ASCEND) SOFTWARE UPGRADE KILLS RADIUS AUTHENTICATION???

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Troy Settle wrote:

> What is the progress code and disconnect cause reported by syslog
> and/or radius?

I'll find some of them and check it out.

> Without that (and possibly other information), we're all pretty much
> stuck at making wild guesses.
>
> I assume you checked the obvious stuff like IP pool allocations, ISDN
> configuration, watched radius debugging on the max, etc...

I remember doing that a year or so ago...  what are the commands I can
use?

> A possible solution would be to flash to the software you wish to run
> (I'd reccomend 7.0.22 at this point) and reboot the max.  When it
> comes back up, clear the memory and reconfigure.  Reboot again, and
> watch to see what happens.

7.0.22?  How stable is it?  I guess it would be an improvement over what I
have now.  6.1.7 never failed me in the past...

I did an fclear and nvram clear and rebuilt the configuration by hand when
going to 7.0.3.  When going back to 6.1.7 I had to do it remotely so
wasn't able to re-enter the config by hand.

I had this problem once before.  The solution was to re-tload the code a
few times and rebuild the max until it finally stabilized.

I'll do some more testing.

thanks.........