Re: (ASCEND) PL75 Upgrades

>From: Nate Carlson <natecars@real-time.com>
>
>I'm looking into software upgrades for P75's, and I noticed that a few of
>the P75's that I will need to be upgrading are of the "old" series with
>the old serial number and such. I can't seem to find a straight answer
>anywhere on if I can do a load of a b2*.p75 image onto these, or if I have
>to just use the newest version of the b.p75 (which appears to be 6.0.13).

The old serial number cannot use the "2" series firmware. I've tried
to summarize what runs what plus what load includes what here:

http://www.infoasis.com/Infoasis/support/PipelineUpgrade.html

I'm not positive about the Load Features section on this page, so if
anyone has corrections, feel free.

>One more thing: what is the newest version of the software that I dare
>run on any of the Pipelines? Are the 7.3.x series stable? Or should I
>stick with 6.x series? Thanks for any recommendations/advice!

7.3.x works fine on those few P75s I've loaded it onto. I'd run it
unless I found a reason not to. But I'm crazy like that. ;-)

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/