Re: (ASCEND) PL75 Upgrades

Nate Carlson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking into software upgrades for P75's, and I noticed that a few of
> the P75's that I will need to be upgrading are of the "old" series with
> the old serial number and such. I can't seem to find a straight answer
> anywhere on if I can do a load of a b2*.p75 image onto these, or if I have
> to just use the newest version of the b.p75 (which appears to be 6.0.13).
> One more thing: what is the newest version of the software that I dare
> run on any of the Pipelines? Are the 7.3.x series stable? Or should I
> stick with 6.x series? Thanks for any recommendations/advice!

I'm 99.99% sure that you can't run the b2* stuff on the old ones.
That's why they changed the designation.  I'm running 6.0.6, which was
the latest version last time I looked, on my old one.  It is extremely
stable.

If you need later versions, someone said you can get a b.p130 image and
use that; it just won't have support for something, I think the POTS
ports.  I believe I actually tried it, and it worked; I need the POTS
ports, though.  You might want to look for that thread in, um, DejaNews,
are we archived in there?

Hope that helps a little...