Re: (ASCEND) Phantom connections on the TNT

>Quoting Winfried Haug (haug@seicom.NET):
>  >
>  > > >communicate back over this link.  I'm leaning towards resetting the box,
>  > > >but since I've have about 40 DSLs on it and am averaging 200 dialups
>  > > >all weekend, that's my last choice.  The box is running 7.0.22
>  > >
>  > > Try hanging up the call. tntcall -h <profile>.
>  > >
>  > >
>  > and if it happens during the night ? sometimes our connections
>  > stop routing data and we have to reset them... I have two solution:
>  >
>  > (1) reboot the TNT
>  > (2) log into the TNT, and kill the Session with user -k <session-id>
>  >
>  > Winfried
>From: Dennis Reiter <denny@reiters.org>
>
>That's the worst part -- even if I do kill them in userstat, I can still
>see a wan connection using the interface manager.  I finally got through
>to Ascend, and there solution was to bounce the T1 card. I tried it a
>couple of times, but they still persist.

Don't give up with Ascend on it. It's a bug; make sure they open a TR
on it, and one day they'll call you and tell you they fixed it.

>Oh well, time to script a 4am reset.  And I was enjoying my 78 day uptime,too.

As you're already having troubles, how about trying the 7.2 branch
while you're at it? You might get lucky...

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/