Re: (ASCEND) Phantom connections on the TNT

That's the worst part -- even if I do kill them in userstat, I can still
see a wan connection using the interface manager.  I finally got through
to Ascend, and there solution was to bounce the T1 card. I tried it a
couple of times, but they still persist.

Oh well, time to script a 4am reset.  And I was enjoying my 78 day uptime,too.

Thanks,

Denny Reiter

Quoting Winfried Haug (haug@seicom.NET):

> > >communicate back over this link.  I'm leaning towards resetting the box,
> > >but since I've have about 40 DSLs on it and am averaging 200 dialups
> > >all weekend, that's my last choice.  The box is running 7.0.22
> >
> > Try hanging up the call. tntcall -h <profile>.
> >

> and if it happens during the night ? sometimes our connections
> stop routing data and we have to reset them... I have two solution:
>
> (1) reboot the TNT
> (2) log into the TNT, and kill the Session with user -k <session-id>
>
> Winfried
>
> ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++

Denny Reiter			 | denny@reiters.org
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve	 | www.freebsd.org
Linux Users Group Galesburg Area | www.lugga.org
           Can I trade this job for what's behind door #2?